Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology has been offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes from its Jais, Amethi main campus. In the admission to all these programmes, Institute also provides opportunities to socially weaker sections of society i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PwD as per Government of India norms.
RGIPT, Jais, Amethi offers M. Tech. Programme on following disciplines:
- M. Tech in Petroleum Engineering (Seats - 20)
- M. Tech in Chemical Engineering (Seats - 20)
1. Petroleum Engineering: A 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Petroleum Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score
2. Chemical Engineering: A 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree* with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE Score.
* Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Ceramic and Glass Technology, Chemical Technology, Electrochemical Engineering, Oil Technology, Paint Technology, Plastic Technology, Polymer Technology, Rubber Technology or Petrochemical Engineering.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and interview. Final selection will be made based on the performance in written test/interview, GATE score and previous academic performances taken together.
Sponsorship basis: Valid GATE score is not required. These candidates will have to qualify in a subject-wise written test/interview. Such candidates will not be eligible for M. Tech. scholarship. The candidate should have worked for the sponsoring organization for at least two years and need to submit a No Objection Certificate, leave approval for one year and the company should guarantee continued employment during the period of study.
Reservation policy as per the GOI directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD must be submitted in the specified format. The formats can be downloaded from the following links:
GATE qualified students who are admitted to the M.Tech program will receive a monthly assistantship of Rs. 12,400/- per month for four semesters only.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at Jais, Amethi for a written test & interview. All selected General/OBC candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed To & Fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route after joining there respective programme.
However, all SC/ST/PwD/Female candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed To & Fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route through A/c. Payee cheque which will be sent to their given address on TE Claim Form. Candidates have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology,
Mubarakpur, Mukhtia, Near Jais Railway Station,
Jais, District: Amethi-229304