The institute invites application for admission in a 2-year M. Tech. programme in the following disciplines for the session commencing in July-2018 (Academic Session 2018-19).
- Petroleum Engineering (Seats - 20)
- Chemical Engineering (Seats - 20)
1. Petroleum Engineering: A 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree in Petroleum Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score
2. Chemical Engineering: A 4-year B.Tech./B.E. degree* with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.5 CPI for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE Score.
* Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Ceramic and Glass Technology, Chemical Technology, Electrochemical Engineering, Oil Technology, Paint Technology, Plastic Technology, Polymer Technology, Rubber Technology or Petrochemical Engineering.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and interview. Final selection will be made based on the performance in written test/interview, GATE score and previous academic performances taken together.
Sponsorship basis: Valid GATE score is not required. These candidates will have to qualify in a subject-wise written test/interview. Such candidates will not be eligible for M. Tech. scholarship. The candidate should have worked for the sponsoring organization for at least two years and need to submit a No Objection Certificate, leave approval for one year and the company should guarantee continued employment during the period of study.
|Start Date of online submission of Application:||05th April’ 2018 (Thursday)|
|Last Date of online Submission of Application:||12th June’ 2018 (Thursday)|
|Declaration of a List of Candidates called for Test/Interview:||20th June’ 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Date of Written Test and Interview: ||03th July’ 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Declaration of Result:||11th July’ 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date of Acceptance of Admission & Online Fee Submission||23th July’ 2018 (Monday)|
|Date of Registration: ||29th July’ 2018 (Sunday)|
|Classes Commence: ||30th July’ 2018 (Monday)|
Non-refundable Application fee should be submitted before filling of application form. Payment of the application fee should be made through online or bank challan system. (State Bank of India & associate Bank only).
Rs.400/-(Four hundred only) for GEN and OBC Applicants
Rs.200/-(Two hundred only) for SC, ST, PwD & Women Applicants
Reservation policy as per the GOI directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD must be submitted in the specified format. The formats can be downloaded from the following links:
GATE qualified students who are admitted to the M.Tech program will receive a monthly assistantship of Rs. 12,400/- per month for four semesters only.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at Jais, Amethi for a written test & interview. All selected General/OBC candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed To & Fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route after joining there respective programme.
However, all SC/ST/PwD/Female candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed To & Fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route through A/c. Payee cheque which will be sent to their given address on TE Claim Form. Candidates have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim.
- Self-attested copy of GATE Score Card,
- Copies of class 10th and 12th mark sheets and passing certificates with original,
- Copies of the first, second, third and fourth year’s mark sheets & graduation degree with original,
- Work experience certificate (If any),
- Copy of valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST category with original,
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration (To be signed by candidate) form. “Attached as Annexure-I”.
- Copy of valid certificates for physically handicapped category with original.
- Sponsership Certificate and Employer Consent should be sent for sponsored candidate “Attached as Annexure-II”.
Admission Form should be submitted online before the last date as specified under “Important Dates”. Candidates are need to bring all the documentary evidences in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) along with a self attested photocopy of each at the time of interview.
Note: Applicant will able to fill the application form after 24hrs of successfully submission of Application Fee
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology,
Mubarakpur, Mukhtia, Near Jais Railway Station,
Jais, District: Amethi-229304
For Technical Support – 0522-4150500
For Academic Related Query – +91-8004933842
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(On all working days- Monday to Friday)