The institute invites application for admission in a 2-year M. Tech. Progarmme in the following disciplines for the session commencing in July 2017 (Academic Session 2017 - 18).
- Petroleum Engineering (Seats - 20)
- Chemical Engineering (Seats - 20)
1. Petroleum Engineering: A 4-year B. Tech/B.E. degree in Petroleum Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.58 CIP for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score
2. Chemical Engineering: A 4-year B. Tech/B.E. degree in Chemical or Petrochemical Engineering with a first class or minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (55% marks or 5.58 CIP for SC/ST students) in the qualifying exam and a qualified GATE score
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written tet and interview. Final selection will be made based on the performance in written test, interview, GATE score and previous academic performances taken together.
Sponsorship basis: Valid GATE score is not required. These candidates will have to qualify in a subject-wise written test and interview. Such candidates will not be eligible for M. Tech. scholarship. The candidate should have worked for the sponsoring organization for at least two years and need to submit a no-objection certificate, leave approval for one year and the company should guarantee continued employment during the period of study.
|Start date for online submission of application||April 12, 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||June 30, 2017 (Friday)|
|Declaration of a List of Candidates called for Test/ Interview||July 07, 2017 (Friday)|
|Date of Written Test and Interview||July 13, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Declaration of Result||July 19, 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date of Acceptance of Admission & Online Fee Submission||July 27, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Date of Registration||July 30, 2017 (Sunday)|
|Classes Commence||July 31, 2017 (Monday)|
Application fee should be submitted before filling of application form. Payment of the application fee should be made through online / bank challan system. (SBI & associate Bank only)
Rs. 400/- (Four hundred only) for General and OBC
Rs. 200/- (Two hundred only) for SC, ST and PH
Note: Application fee is non-refundable
Reservation policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/ OBC(NCL)/PH must be submitted in the specified format. The formats can be downloaded from the following links:
GATE qualified students who are admitted to the M.Tech program will receive a monthly assistantship of Rs. 12,400/- per month for four semesters only.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at Jais, Amethi for a written test & interview. All selected General/OBC candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route after joining there respective programme.
However, all SC/ST/PH candidates called for the written test & interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route at the time of interview. Candidates have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim.
- GATE Score Card copy, self-attested with Original
- Class 10th and 12th certificates and mark sheets copies with original
- Copies of the first, second, third and fourth year’s mark sheets/grade sheet & graduation degree with original
- Work experience certificate (If any)
- Valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST category copies with original
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration (To be signed by candidate) form. [CLICK HERE]
- Valid certificates for physically handicapped category copies with original.
- Four passport size latest color photo fixed on the application form.
- Sponsership certificate and Employer consent should be sent for sponsored candidate [CLICK HERE]
Admission form should be submitted online before the last date as specified under “Important Dates”. Candidates are need to bring all the documentary evidences in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) along with a self attested photocopy of each at the time of interview.
Note: Applicant will able to fill the application form after 24hrs of successfully submission of Application Fee
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT)
Bahadurpur, Mukhetia More,
Post: Harbanshganj, Jais,
District: Amethi, Uttar Pradesh - 229304
For Technical Support – 0522-4150500
For Academic Related Query – +91-8004933842
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(On all working days- Monday to Friday)