RGIPT, Amethi offers Ph.D. programmes in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Science & Social Sciences. The broad objective of the Ph.D. programmes is to contribute to the development of the respective fields by conducting front-end research and to train students to be lifelong learners.
The Institute invites applications for admission to Ph.D. programmes for the session commencing from July-2017 as per the following details:
|Note:||A candidate is allowed to apply in either of the divisions mentioned below:|
Candidates are suggested to mark the discipline of their interest on the envelope while applying for the Ph.D. admission at RGIPT.
(A) Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science: Petroleum*, Geology and Geophysics**.
*Master’s Degree (M.Tech.) in Petroleum Engg., Chemical Engg. and Petrochemical Engg or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
**Master’s Degree (M.Sc./M.Tech.) in Geology and Geophysics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
(B) Engineering Science: Chemical, Material Science*, Renewable Energy**, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Geoinformatics***.
Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in relevant discipline or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
*Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering; Master’s degree in relevant disciplines, i.e. Physics, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science, Nanoscience, Materials and Metallurgical Engg. or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
**Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology; Master’s degree in relevant disciplines, i.e. Physics/ Electronics/ Energy/ Environmental Science/ Renewable Energy or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
***Masters in Geoinformatics, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics engineering, Computer Application, Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after master degree.
(C) Basic Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biological Science, Material Science, Renewable Energy.
Master’s degree in relevant discipline and valid score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
(D) Management and Humanities: Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Organization Behavior & Human Resource Management, Operations Research, Oil & Gas, Public Policy, Energy Management, English* and Sociology*.
A Master’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA of 6.0.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA of 6.0.
Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA & CS with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/PH) and minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the preceding degree.
*Master’s degree in relevant discipline and valid score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
Candidates who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria and have a valid score of any of these examinations: CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) are eligible to apply.
To know more about PhD in Management and Humanities [CLICK HERE]
|Start Date for Application||April 12, 2017 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||June 30, 2017 (Friday)|
|Declaration of a List of Candidates called for Test & Interview||July 10, 2017 (Monday)|
|Date of Written Test and Interview||July 17, 2017 (Monday)|
|Declaration of Result||July 21, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date of Acceptance of Admission & Online Fee Submission||July 27, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Date of Registration||July 30, 2017 (Sunday)|
|Classes Commence||July 31, 2017 (Monday)|
There is no application fee for the PhD program at RGIPT.
Reservation policy as per the Government of India directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/ OBC(NCL)/PH must be submitted in the specified format. The formats can be downloaded from the following links:
One out of the following in appropriate subject areas:
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech.) or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech is acceptable.
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology and valid GATE score.
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s degree in relevant discipline and valid score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
The shortlisted candidates are called for a written test followed by viva-voce at the institute. A final merit list of the candidates is prepared by providing suitable weightage to the previous qualifying examination, GATE score, marks obtained in the written test and viva-voce.
The eligibility for external/company sponsored candidates will be minimum of 2 years of professional work experience after BE /BTech or M. Sc. in appropriate subject area (see more details in A4)
Applicants are encouraged to visit our faculty webpage for information on areas of research interests [Click Here]
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at RGIPT, Jais Campus, Amethi for a written test/ interview. All selected General/OBC candidates called for the written Test & Interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route after joining there respective programme.
However, all SC/ST/PH candidates called for the written Test & Interview will be reimbursed to & fro fare of sleeper class by shortest route at the time of interview. Candidates have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim.
- Regular category: Full time Teaching Assistantship (TA,Students under this category are entitled for Institute Teaching Assistantship as per institute norms. Students joining under TA category will have to assist in teaching or research, as assigned by the Institute, to the extent of 6 to 8 hours of work per week. The continuation of the assistantship (TA) will be subject to satisfactory performance of the duties assigned by the Department / Institute as well as satisfactory academic performance.
- Sponsored Category: These candidates are sponsored by recognized corporations or R&D organizations for doing research work in the Institute on a full time/part time* basis. An undertaking from the employer stating the same should be furnished along with the application form. Candidates are expected to be released for full time/part time research work at the Institute with full pay for a minimum period of three years (full time). They will not receive any financial support from the Institute. A candidate working in an R&D establishment and desiring to do research at his/her parent institution must also provide detailed information about the research facilities present at his/her organization and a certificate that these would be available to him/her for carrying out research. The candidate will be required to furnish his/her employer’s consent at the time of interview. The candidate under a sponsorship category is not required to have GATE/NET qualification.
*As per institute norms.
Students joining the Ph.D. program as regular candidates will be considered for institute fellowship based on the following norms:
- Those students having M.Phil /M.Sc./M.A or equivalent and who have either a valid GATE score or National Level Test–UGC/CSIR/NBHM/ DBT etc. (JRFship) will be considered for assistantship of Rs. 25,000/-p.m. for first two years and 28,000/-p.m. for remaining two years. The scholarship can be available for a maximum period of four years.
- The candidate should have cleared GATE/NET as applicable to the specific discipline before or after master’s degree. The Assistantship/Fellowships will be payable for the time period mentioned above or submission of thesis, whichever is earlier. Continuation of financial aid during PhD is contingent to satisfactory performance. Any act of indiscipline is likely to result in withdrawal of financial aid and curtailment of the PhD program.
Documents You Need To Bring At The Time Of Interview
- Self-attested copy of GATE/CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT/GPAT Score Card.
- Self-attested copy Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Self-attested copy of all semester/year mark sheet/grade sheet of graduation & provisional degree certificate/degree certificate of graduation.
- Self-attested copy of all semester/year mark sheet/grade sheet of post graduation & provisional degree certificate/degree certificate of post graduation.
- Self-attested copy of Work experience certificate (If any)
- Self-attested copy of valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST category.
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration (To be signed by candidate) form. [CLICK HERE]
- Self-attested copy of valid certificates of physically handicapped.
- One passport size latest color photo fixed on the application form.
- Sponsership certificate and Employer consent should be sent for sponsored candidate [CLICK HERE]
Admission forms should be submitted offline only (Click here for download Application Form). The print out of the application form duly filled and signed along with necessary enclosures should reach at the following address latest by June 30, 2017 (Thursday). Please mark the envelope “Application form for PhD Program 2017” You need to bring all the documentary evidences in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) along with a self attested photocopy of each at the time of interview.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT)
Bahadurpur, Mukhetia More,
Post: Harbanshganj, Jais,
Amethi - 229304, Uttar Pradesh
For Academic Related Query – +91-8004933842
Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(On all working days- Monday to Friday)