(Academic Session 2018-19)
RGIPT, Jais offers Ph.D. programmes in a wide range of areas in Engineering, Sciences & Social Sciences and Management. The broad objective of the Ph.D. programmes is to contribute to the development of the respective fields by conducting front-end research and to train students to be lifelong learners.
The Institute invites applications for admission in PhD Programme from qualified candidates for the session commencing from July-2018. Candidates possessing required qualifications can submit their application in the following disciplines.
A) Petroleum Engineering and Geological Science: Petroleum Engineering*, Geology and Geophysics**.
*Master’s Degree (M.Tech.) in Petroleum Engg., Chemical Engg. and Petrochemical Engg. or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
**Master’s Degree (M.Sc./M.Tech.) in Geology and Geophysics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
(B) Engineering Science: Chemical Engineering, Material Science*, Electrical Engineering and Geoinformatics***.
Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in relevant discipline or equivalent and qualified score of GATE/NET exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
*Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in Chemical Engineering, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Master’s degree in relevant disciplines, i.e. Physics, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science, Nanoscience, Materials and Metallurgical Engg. or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
***Masters in Geoinformatics, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics engineering, Computer Application, Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after master degree.
C) Basic Sciences & Humanities: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biological Science, Material Science, Renewable Energy*, English and Sociology.
A Master’s degree in relevant discipline and qualified score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
*Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology, Master’s degree in relevant disciplines, i.e. Physics/ Electronics/Energy/Environmental Science/Renewable Energy or equivalent and qualified score of GATE exam, taken before or after M.Tech.
D) Department of Management Studies (DoMS) [To know more about PhD in Management: [CLICK HERE]
Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Organization Behavior & Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Oil & Gas, Public Policy, Energy Management and Economics.
Eligibility Criteria: (One out of the following in appropriate subject areas)
A Master’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA of 6.0.
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) or CPI/CGPA of 6.0.
Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA & CS with minimum 50% aggregate marks
(45% for SC/ST/PH) and minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the preceding degree.
Candidates who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria and have a qualified score of any of these examinations: CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) are eligible to apply.
Important: The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other education institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
Candidates appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply, however, their admission to the program will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree by the date of notified by institute.
(One out of the following in appropriate subject areas)
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology (M.E./M.Tech.) or equivalent and qualified score of GATE Exam, taken before or after M.Tech is acceptable.
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology and qualified GATE score.
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PH)/CGPA or CPI of 6.0 in Master’s degree in relevant discipline and qualified score of GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ GPAT/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
The shortlisted candidates are called for a written test followed by presentation/viva-voce at the institute. A final merit list of the candidates is prepared by providing suitable weightage to the previous qualifying examination, GATE score, marks obtained in the written test and presentation/viva-voce.
The eligibility for external/company sponsored candidates will be minimum of two years full time professional work experience after B.E./B.Tech. or M. Sc. in appropriate subject area (see more details in A-6).
Applicants are encouraged to visit our faculty webpage for information on areas of research interests (http://www.rgipt.ac.in/faculty.htm).
||For Disciplines (A), (B) & (C)
||For Discipline (D)
|Start date of offline submission of application
|Last date of offline submission of application
|Declaration of shortlist candidates
|Date of Written Test/Presentation/Interview
|Declaration of Result
|Last date of acceptance of admission & online fee submission
|Date of Registration
- Application Form can be downloaded from RGIPT website i.e. www.rgipt.ac.in. Application Form should be submitted strictly in prescribed format.
- Before submitting the application, the candidate must carefully read the eligibility conditions and satisty himself/herself that he/she fulfils all the eligibility conditions.
- Information in Application Form should be written in neatly and clearly.
- Candidate applying for more than one discipline shall submit reparate Application Form with complete documents in separate envelope and clearly mentioned his/her 1st preference & 2nd preference.
- Self attested copies of all the required documents and certificates should be sent along with the Application Form. The documents/mark sheets/certificates submitted on a later date will not be entertained.
- The applications should be sent through Speed Post/Registered Post only.
- Application wrongly addressed or received after due date will be summarily rejected whatever may be the reason for delay.
There is no application fee for the PhD program at RGIPT, Jais
Reservation policy as per the GOI directives will be applicable. The certificate for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD must be submitted in the specified format. The formats can be downloaded from the following links:
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be called at RGIPT, Jais Campus, Amethi for a written test, presentation and/or interview. All selected GEN/OBC candidates called for the written test, presentation and/or interview will be reimbursed To & Fro of sleeper class by shortest route after joining their respective programme. However, all SC/ST/PwD candidates called for written test, presentation and/or interview will be reimbursed To & Fro of sleeper class by shortest route through A/c. Payee cheque which will be sent to their given address on TE Claim Form. Candidate have to produce Railway/Bus ticket in support of their claim. The selected candidate will be registered for PhD as per institute rules.
- Regular category: Full time Teaching Assistantship(TA),Students under this category are entitled for Institute Teaching Assistantship as per institute norms. Students joining under TA category will have to assist in teaching or research, as assigned by the Institute, to the extent of 6 to 8 hours of work per day. The continuation of the assistantship (TA) will be subject to satisfactory performance of the duties assigned by the Department / Institute as well as satisfactory academic performance.
- Sponsored Category: These candidates are sponsored by recognized corporations or R&D organizations for doing research work in the Institute on a full time/part time* basis. An undertaking from the employer stating the same should be furnished along with the application form. Candidates are expected to be released for full time research work at the Institute with full pay for a minimum period of three years (full time). They will not receive any financial support from the Institute. A candidate working in an R&D establishment and desiring to do research at his/her parent institution must also provide detailed information about the research facilities present at his/her organization and a certificate that these would be available to him/her for carrying out research. The candidate will be required to furnish his/her employer’s consent at the time of interview. The candidate under sponsorship category are exempted from GATE/CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR).
*As per institute norms.
- Part-Time Category: Candidates serving in recognized academic institutions, public sector undertaking (PSU’s), government departments, reputed private organizations, reputed NGOs & R&D organizations are considered for this category.
- Applicants under this category should meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the degree as already mentioned above. The applicants should have at least two years full time work experience in executive or supervisor capacity and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. Employee seeking admission to the PhD programme of RGIPT with minimum of two years full time service shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the employer to the effect that the duties allotted by the employer will allow the required time. Further, candidates selected under this category will be required to stay on campus till completion of course work and comprehensive examination.
- Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates but they are exempt from GATE/CAT/GRE/GMAT/NET (UGC/CSIR) or equivalent.
- Part time PhD candidates will not receive any financial support from the institute.
Students joining the Ph.D. program as regular candidates will be considered for institute fellowship based on the following norms:
Those students having M.Phil /M.Sc./M.A or equivalent and who have either a qualified GATE score or National Level Test–UGC-NET/CSIR/NBHM/DBT/DST Inspire Award or any similar fellowship will be considered for assistantship of Rs. 25,000/- P.M. for first two years and Rs. 28,000/-P.M. for remaining two years. The scholarship can be available for a maximum period of four years.
The candidate should have cleared GATE/NET as applicable to the specific discipline before or after master’s degree. The Assistantship/Fellowships will be payable for the time period mentioned above or submission of thesis, whichever is earlier. Continuation of financial aid during PhD is contingent to satisfactory performance assigned by the Department/Institute as well as satisfactory academic performance. Any act of indiscipline is likely to result in withdrawal of financial aid and curtailment of the PhD program.
- Self-attested copy of GATE Score Card.
- Self-attested copy of UGC-NET/CSIR/NBHM/DBT/GPAT/DST Inspire Award or any similar fellowship award letter and Result.
- Self-attested copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Self-attested copy of semesters mark sheets of graduation & degree certificate.
- Self-attested copy of semesters mark sheets of post-graduation & degree certificate/ provisional degree certificate.
- Self-attested copy of work experience certificate.
- Self-attested copy of valid caste certificates as per the central list for OBC/SC/ST category.
- In respect of OBC category, bring a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate and a self-declaration form(To be signed by candidate). [CLICK HERE]
- Self-attested copy of valid certificates of physically handicapped.
- One passport size latest color photo fixed on the application form.
- Sponsorship Certificate” and “Employer Consent” should be sent for sponsored candidate [CLICK HERE]
- “No Objection Certificate” and “Employer Consent” should be sent for part time candidate [CLICK HERE]
- Sponsored candidate need to produce at least three years leave approval for the employing agency for stay on campus until completion of course work, comprehensive examination.
- Part Time candidates need to produce one year leave approval from the employing agency for stay on campus until completion of course work, comprehensive examination.
For Admission to PhD programmes through rolling advertisement, candidates need to fill the application form and should be submitted offline only (Click here for download Application Form).. The print out of the application form duly filled and signed along with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), areas of research interest and necessary enclosures and send it to below mentioned address. Please mark the envelope “Application for PhD Admission in the discipline………….”. Overnight accommodation will not be provided by the Institute.
If the candidate is applying for more than one department/centre, separate applications should be submitted for each department/centre and clearly mentioned his/her 1st preference & 2nd preference.
The selection procedure will remain the same as adopted for admission with institute assistantship. The selection board will consist of all faculty members. The maximum limit of PhD candidates for individual faculty will remain the same as in force as per PhD ordinances and regulations.
You need to bring all the documentary evidences in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) along with a self-attested photocopy of each at the time of written test and/or presentation, interview.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology,
Jais, District: Amethi-229304