Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
Admissions Notice for MBA (Petroleum and Energy Management) – 2014
The 2 year MBA in Petroleum and Energy Management offered by RGIPT is designed as a career-oriented programme aimed at the Petroleum & Energy sector. The programme is designed to facilitate students in understanding, developing, integrating and applying knowledge of both core and specialized areas of management and their concepts and practices in the domain of the Petroleum & Energy sector.
The focus of the MBA programme is to impart extensive training in the various areas of specialization through electives, thereby providing a wide array of career opportunities in energy domain and consulting.
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The primary objective of Department of Management Studies in RGIPT is to spawn a cadre of human resource with necessary skills, domain expertise, and competencies to manage the key positions in various segments of corporate world.
The areas of focus of the department are:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for MBA 2014-16
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
- International Trade in Oil & Gas
- Macro and Managerial Economics
- Management Accounting
- Management Systems Design including MIS
- Marketing Management
- Natural Gas Business
- Operations Management
- Petroleum Laws & Policies
- Petroleum & Energy Economics
- Petroleum Refining Technology & Economics
- Sales and Distribution Management
The candidate must have:
- Minimum 60% in aggregate (55% for SC/ST) in Class 10 and Class 12. (Copies of passing certificates and Mark-sheets to be attached with the Application Receipt)
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology (4 years duration course after 10+2) or Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Geology/Geoscience with 60% marks or C.P.I. of 6.0. Mathematics must be one of the subjects in 10+2. Bachelor’s Degree must have AICTE recognition. (Photocopy of degree or provisional degree and Mark-sheets of all semesters/years to be attached with the Application Receipt)
- Qualification either in CAT 2013/GMAT (After June 2013)/XAT-2014. (Copy of Admit Card and score card to be attached along with the Application Receipt)
- Applicants fulfilling the above criteria will be shortlisted purely based on merit. Selection process comprises of Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI).
- Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not entitled the candidate to be shortlisted.
- Reservation policy as per Government of India’s directives will be applicable.
Companies may also sponsor their employees for the above mentioned MBA programme. Sponsored candidates should have worked continuously for at least two years in the same organization. The company should certify this in their letterhead and should confirm that they will continue to pay the salary during the period of study. Sponsored candidates are not entitled for any financial assistance from RGIPT.
The Candidate must have
- Minimum 60% in aggregate (55% for SC/ST) in Class 10 and Class 12.
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology (4 years duration course after 10+2) or Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Geology/Geosciences with 60% marks or C.P.I. of 6.0. Mathematics must be one of the subjects in 10+2.
- Minimum 2 Years of post qualification work experience in the same sponsoring company.
- CAT/GMAT/XAT score is not required. However candidate will be required to appear for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Admission form can be filled up online on our website www.rgipt.ac.in The last date of online application is 21st February, 2014. Print out of Application Receipt duly signed by the candidate, along with application fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable) and all other necessary documents must be sent by speed post/registered post/courier, latest by, 28th February, 2014 to the following address:
If you face difficulty in online submission please download admission form Fill the complete form, duly sign it, enclose DD and send it to the following address:
MBA Admission Office
Department of Management Studies
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
2nd Floor, Tower C, OIDB Bhawan, Sector 73
NOIDA (Pin: 201301)
Phone No. :- 0120-2472621, 2472631, 2472630, 2472624
The candidate should write “Application for MBA Admissions 2014” on top of the envelope. Incomplete application forms and forms received after the due date may not be considered for admission process.
Application Fee: Application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) can be paid online or through Demand Draft (DD).
- Online payment: Application fee of Rs. 1000/- (excluding bank transaction charges) can be paid using debit card/credit card. The copy of payment receipt must be attached with the application form.
- Demand Draft: Payment can be made through demand draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, payable at New Delhi. The candidate should write his/her name and phone number at the back of the DD.
- Hardcopy of the Application Receipt duly signed by the candidate.
- Photocopies of passing certificates and Mark-sheets of Class X and XII to be attached with the Application Receipt.
- Photocopy of degree or provisional degree and Mark-sheets of all B.Tech semesters/years to be attached with the Application Receipt.
- Photocopy of master’s degree certificate and mark-sheets to be attached with the Application Receipt.
- Photocopy of CAT/GMAT/XAT Admit Card.
- Photocopy of CAT/GMAT/XAT Score Card.
- Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favor of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum. Technology payable at New Delhi or print out of Online Payment Receipt duly signed.
- For online payment: The copy of payment receipt (duly signed)
- Certificate of work experience (if any).
- Valid Caste Certificate as per Central List for OBC/SC/ST category. In respect of OBC category non-creamy layer certificate and a self-declaration to be signed by the candidate.
- Valid certificate for physically handicapped category.
- Stamp size photograph to be affixed with the Application Receipt.
|Last date for online submission of application
||21st February, 2014 (Friday)
|Last date of receipt of hard copy of application
||28th February, 2014 (Friday)
|Shortlist for GD&PI (will be uploaded on website)
||7th March, 2014 (Friday)
|Confirmation for attending GD&PI through E-mail
||11th March, 2014 (Tuesday)
|Conducting GD&PI for shortlisted candidates
||21st-22nd March, 2014 (Friday & Saturday)
|Selection and Admission Offer through E-mail
||1st April 2014 (Tuesday)
||11th April, 2014 (Friday)
||30th June, 2014 (Monday) (tentative)
|Commencement of Classes
||1st July, 2014 (Tuesday)
Fee Structure (Per Trimester)*
Text Books and Study Materials
One-time fee (including Rs. 4,000/- refundable)
Mess and Transportation Charges
Students belonging to SC/ST category will be eligible for 50% concession in the Tuition fee.
*The fee structure presented above is indicative and may undergo change.
Hostel facility will be provided to limited number of students as per availability.
Mess and Transportation fee may undergo change and will be charged from students who avail hostel facilities.
The applicants may note that the companies recruiting MBA students from RGIPT have their own criteria for age at entry level as well as norms for medical fitness.
ACADEMIC SESSION COMMENCEMENT
1st July, 2014
Technical Support No.- 0522-4150500
Email : email@example.com
Timing : 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.