Advt. No.: RGIPT/BLR/Faculty/001/2018
The Government of India, through the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), has set up the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Bangalore, Karnataka on the lines of IITs under the Act of Parliament 54/2007 with an empowerment to award degrees and conduct front-end research. RGIPT is promoted by six leading Oil PSUs (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in India, in association with Oil Industrial Development Board (OIDB) and is positioned as a World Class Institution.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals, including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and foreign nationals¹
For the posts of
Professor (on Contract),
Associate Professor (on Contract),
Assistant Professor (on Contract),
Joint Appointment with Industry
[Faculty on Deputation, and Faculty on Contract]
In the Departments of
Power and Energy Systems Engineering
and Energy Science & Technology.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE ON CONTRACT BASIS OR ON DEPUTATION BASIS.
|| PhD with a first class of equivalent at the preceding degree and good academic record throughout.
||Engg in Mechanical/ Chemical
Thermal / Energy engineering
|Minimum 3 years of teaching / research/ professional experience
||Introduction to Energy Systems
||Engg in Mechanical/ Chemical
||Materials for Energy Systems
||Engg in Mechanical/Electrical/ Chemical
||Instrumentation and control of energy systems
||Engg in Electrical/ Instrumentation
||Applied instruments & controls / Control & instrumentation engineering
||MSc in Mathematics
The institute is committed in compliance with the reservation policy as per the Government of India rules.
- ¹Foreign national means a person who does not have either an Indian passport, or a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual appointment for up to five years. The appointment can be renewed thereafter.
- These ‘other’ positions do not necessarily require a PhD, but experience is given a big credit. Emoluments for these will be decided liberally and, on a case, to case basis.
- PAY SCALE AS PER RGIPT NORMS
- DATE OF SHORTLISTING FOR FIRST BATCH: 29-08-2018.
- SELECTION COMMITTEE MEETING LIKELY TO BE HELD IN THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST 2018 AND THE SELECTED FACULTY WILL BE EXPECTED TO REPORT BY 20.09.2018
|Issue of Advertisement in newspaper- TOI
|Opening date of application submission
|Announcement of first list of candidates selected
|Expected date of reporting
Application forms can be filled in online available on the institute website http://www.rgipt.ac.in. The form duly filled should be submitted online and a copy should be sent by electronic mail email@example.com.
Technical Support No.+91-8884195098
For Academic Related Query:-+91-9900759900
Timing: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received up to 29.08.2018 shall be considered for the first phase of recruitment.
(Please note that this is a Rolling Advertisement and therefore, applicants can send their application at any time. Depending upon RGIPT needs and availability of suitable candidates, interviews will be conducted periodically)
- Experience in the domain areas of the RGIPT is desired.
- List your proposed, ongoing and completed research projects.
- Write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue. List national and international conferences you have attended and your role in them.
- If physically challenged, please provide all the details with relevant certificates.
- Institute reserves the rights to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- It should be noted that the mere possession of minimum qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The institute may restrict the number of such candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience, which may be higher than the essential qualifications prescribed here in above.
- Attempt will be made to invite each short-listed candidate for a day’s visit to deliver a seminar and discuss teaching and research plans. For the purpose, you shall be provided Air ticket (Economy class) within India arranged by RGIPT.
- All positions are open to Indian Nationals, NRIs (as per Government regulations).
- All positions are also open to foreign nationals on a contractual basis that can be renewed with mutual consent. Government of India approval and visa regulations will apply.
- The selection committee at its discretion may relax the minimum requirements in case of outstanding candidates for each of the posts advertised.
- Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation at entry level will be applicable as per Government of India norms.
- We have very liberal rules related to Exchange visits with other institutions, Sabbatical and consultancy, etc. A very strong research ambiance is planned along with National and International conferences.
- Higher initial pay to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates may be considered.
- Candidates in India, if invited, have to personally appear for interview, while those abroad may be interviewed by audio/video link. Candidates invited for interview shall be provided Economy Class air ticket within India from place of duty/residence or the nearest airport to city of interview and back by the shortest route. Boarding and lodging will be provided by the institute.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications through proper channel else they will be required to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer at the time of interview.
- RGIPT provides ample opportunities for both fundamental and applied research, development and consulting. The funding for R&D will, to a significant extent, be from Oil and Gas companies, MoPNG and the usual funding agencies like DST, DBT, CSIR as well as Global Foundations and International Agencies. A substantial initial grant for R&D would be provided by RGIPT on approval by Board of Governors (B.O.G). We would specially encourage joint research with other colleagues at RGIPT and other institutions nationally and internationally.